About the SHRM Talent Assessment Center
The SHRM Talent Assessment Center is designed for HR professionals who are involved in the administration of tests and assessments for selection and development of potential and existing employees.
The SHRM Talent Assessment Center is an Internet-based “e-testing” system for the distribution, analysis and administration of professional assessments, tests and other miscellaneous forms and surveys.
There is a very high probability that a test similar to the test your company is using (or perhaps even a better test) is available through the SHRM Talent Assessment Center. You can contact our partners at PAN for recommendations on similar tests or to explore having your test offered in the SHRM Talent Assessment Center catalog. PAN can be reached by emailing SHRM@PANpowered.com or calling 1-877-449-TEST(8378). Let them know which test you are currently utilizing that is not in the catalog and PAN will research the instrument. PAN can then provide background on similar alternative tests, or if the test meets its criteria, they can approach the publisher to inquire about adding their instrument(s) to the SHRM Talent Assessment Center marketplace.
The SHRM Talent Assessment Center is designed for PC-compatible machines using Internet standards to have the least client system requirements possible. Because of its interactive nature, the SHRM Talent Assessment Center requires the following:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer version 7.0 or later or Firefox 3.0 or later
- They are deleted when your PAN session ends.
- Minimum screen resolution of 1024 x 768
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption supported
- Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. All test reports, manuals, and sample reports are in PDF format. If you do not have the Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can download it free here.
Additional Requirements for Taking Timed Tests **Note: Timed tests are administered with a Java applet and are not supported on Macintosh.
- A Java Virtual Machine (JVM) must be installed. If it is not you can download it here. Once you arrive at the Sun Java Runtime Environment (JRE) download site, you’ll be asked to select your computer’s operating system, and then just follow the onscreen instructions
- Java must be enabled. To verify that it is:
- In Internet Explorer: In the menu, under Tools >> Internet Options, click the ‘Security’ tab and the ‘Custom Level’ button. Scroll down to the Scripting of Java Applets section and ensure that it is not set to ‘Disable’
- In Firefox, visit this support page and follow the instructions for your operating system
- Screen resolution must be set to a minimum of 1024 x 768. Test your system: https://support.vitapowered.com/ACEA
Because we are vigilant in our protection of sensitive and confidential data, the SHRM Talent Assessment Center uses the most advanced security methods available. Below you will find more detailed information about specific security topics:
- Unauthorized Access to the SHRM Talent Assessment Center is restricted to authorized users and requires an ID and a password. The registration review process is rigorous with clearly defined user authorization levels. Identity is confirmed by a legally binding agreement coupled with review of credentials and certification.
- Data Security All SHRM Talent Assessment Center data (including Test Administrator and User personal information, test data and the text of the test reports themselves) is stored in a Microsoft SQLServer™ database. Access to this data is strictly controlled, offering state-of-the-art security. Tests are scored offline by a secure scoring server with the test results returned to the test administrator who ordered the test.
- Personal Data and Electronic Commerce The SHRM Talent Assessment Center protects your personal data and electronic commerce transactions with the highest levels of security. Our servers use industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption, an advanced encryption technology that works with Microsoft Internet Explorer (version 7.0 and above). SSL encrypts all of your personal information including your credit card number, name, address, test answers and scores so that it cannot be intercepted as the information travels over the Internet between your browser and our site. Assessment developers, test administrators and test users can rest assured that the secure and confidential management of sensitive data is of utmost concern to us.
The SHRM Talent Assessment Center is dedicated to continuous quality review of all security methods.
The SHRM Talent Assessment Center selects tests based upon several quality assurance criteria:
- Documentation of test development
- Empirical data supporting their validity and reliability
- Utilization of items that are appropriate and relevant for their intended use (criterion relevance)
- Consistency with EEOC and ADA guidelines
- Offered by a reputable test developer
Visit this link which will walk you through the process. You should receive confirmation and your login details within 24 hours.
Society for Human Resource Management is designed for professionals who use tests and assessment products in their work. Since these instruments have differing qualifications for use, registered administrators are assigned a Administrator Qualification Level based upon their education, training, and experience.
About Administrator Qualification Levels
While Society for Human Resource Management does distribute some Level D (Non-Controlled) instruments that are available without specific qualification, most of the business-related and human resource products are Level C instruments.
Level B and Level A are typically reserved for clinical instruments (though some personality and critical thinking tests are categorized as Level B by their publishers).
Administrator Qualification Levels
Level D (Non-Controlled Instruments)
- Individuals with a demonstrated need for testing as part of their professional role (i.e., athletic coaches, trainers, motivational speakers) but without formal training.
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology or related discipline (i.e., counseling, education, human resources, nursing, organizational development, personnel, social work, training) & coursework in the use of test assessments; or
- Equivalent training under auspices of a reputable organization focused on test assessments; or
- Membership in a professional organization requiring training & experience in the use of tests or surveys; or
- Certification by an organization with similar proficiency requirements; or
- Demonstrated experience in use of test assessments as part of career professional role.
- Graduate degree in psychology or related discipline; and
- Graduate-level coursework in Tests & Measurements; or
- Equivalent training under the auspices of a reputable organization specifically focused on Tests & Measurements.
- Doctoral degree in psychology or a related discipline; M.D. in the case of clinical assessments, or
- Professional licensure to practice psychology or related discipline independently.
SHRM Talent Assessment Center is operated by Performance Assessment Network, Inc (PAN).Our partners at PAN are dedicated to providing both professional and personalized service to SHRM Talent Assessment Center users and, in most cases, will provide a same-day response to client inquiries.
For sales support and general inquiries:
For technical support:
Phone: 1-877-449-TEST(8378), option 3
PAN’s regular business hours are 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. EST, M-F
Performance Assessment Network, Inc.
11590 North Meridian Street, Suite 200
Carmel, IN 46032
Fax: (317) 814-8888
The Assessment Workspace is an interactive online area where registered test administrators can order, assign and track tests as well as review completed reports. Test administrators can review documentation, manuals and sample reports for all products that are offered by the SHRM Talent Assessment Center.
Your Assessment Workspace will be activated within 24 hours.
After tests are purchased, the ‘Status Box’ within your Assessment Workspace will reflect those tests purchased, assigned and completed.
The costs of tests vary considerably, and are primarily determined by the complexity of the test. The SHRM Talent Assessment Center’s pricing is very competitive, and the time-savings gained through email alerts, consolidated billing and reporting are significant. There are additional value-added features available via PAN’s testing software for a nominal flat fee and include automated scheduling , business process management and custom test and form building tools.
Tests are purchased within your Assessment Workspace using either a major credit card or by filling out a credit application for purchase order (PO) processing. Credit approvals for purchase order requests are usually completed within 48 hours. Once approved, you will be electronically invoiced immediately following each order.
Because of the SHRM Talent Assessment Center’s large roster, many of the tests available on the SHRM Talent Assessment Center are likely appropriate for your organization. For instance, The SHRM Talent Assessment Center has tests specialized for job applicant screening and selection, employee training and development and management and leadership development.
To facilitate your use of instruments on the SHRM Talent Assessment Center, we have gone to considerable lengths and worked extensively with test publishers to make test manuals and other documentation available free of charge so that you can make an informed decision about which instruments are most appropriate for your unique situation (Registered Test Administrators can access this documentation through their Assessment Workspace).
However, if you are unfamiliar with testing, PAN, operating partner for the SHRM Talent Assessment Center, can assist in helping you determine the right tests for your needs. You can email PAN at SHRM@PANpowered.com or call 1-877-449-TEST(8378) to get connected with PAN’s team.
The test user’s answers are maintained from the point of the last answer page that was submitted. The test user should log back into the testing environment using the active URL link in the automatic notification email. They should do this as soon as possible because a test session will expire 24 hours after a test is started.
The test user’s responses are sent to the scoring server for analysis.
If no mouse clicks are detected within an hour, the session is terminated. The User ID remains active, allowing for the session to be resumed at any time before the 24 hour expiration. Previously submitted responses are maintained.
You will be automatically notified of such an event in your Assessment Workspace. You will have the ability to “reactivate” the User ID, and the test user can then complete the test.
The length of a test depends on the type of test being taken. The time ranges from 5 minutes to 125 minutes with the average test taking less than 30 minutes to complete. Time estimates are provided for each test are listed in the full catalog, available upon logging into the SHRM Talent Assessment Center Workspace.
A test is scored and the report generated within moments (usually less than 1 minute under most conditions). The report is then posted in the Test Administrator’s Assessment Workspace. The report will be in PDF format. You will need Adobe Acrobat to read it. If you do not yet have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your machine, you can download it here.
Confidentiality and Security
SHRM is very concerned about protecting all of the information on the SHRM Talent Assessment Center because of its sensitive and personal nature. We use advanced security methods that include multiple levels of password access, SSL encryption of personal data, test responses, and assessment reports, offline scoring servers and detailed behavioral analysis of the testing and security context by experts in psychometrics and Internet security. For this reason, we do not store credit card data (which is the reason why credit card numbers must be entered for each transaction, if this is your payment method). Test reports travel through encryption. We are committed to proving that our security model for professional testing surpasses that of any other testing method, including paper and pencil.
Registration information is used to determine your qualifications to administer the various assessments available on the SHRM Talent Assessment Center. None of this information will be sold or redistributed, but group data may be compiled and redistributed or sold in the form of research, special industry reports and PAN usage pattern studies. PAN, a partner with the SHRM Talent Assessment Center, may occasionally send email to all registered test administrators with news or announcements. You can stop these emails by notifying PAN. Send requests and questions to SHRM@PANpowered.com.
Support questions should first be sent to our Testing Center partner, PAN via email. You will receive a response within 24 hours. Should you not be able to resolve your support issue via email, you can leave a message on PAN’s support voice mailbox and a PAN representative will respond within 24 hours.